What Do I Do With Halloween Pumpkins?
Halloween is going to come and go pretty soon and all of us will be wondering what to do with our old pumpkins we used on our porches and to carve with our kids. Most people will just throw them away, but there are so many more uses for them!
1. Make it into a planter. Your pumpkin is already carved out and most likely only one side is decorated. Turn it around, put some awesome fall flowers or plants in there and let it continue to set outside. It takes a little while for pumpkin to rot, so you’ll have some time. They make wonderful fall decor for your front yard.
2. Roast the seeds. Pumpkin insides have a lot of seed in them. Don’t trash it though, roast the seeds instead. It’s an awesome treat and they are kind of expensive in the store. Here is an awesome recipe that I’ve used.
3. Feed it to the animals. Birds and other wildlife LOVE pumpkin. Chop it up and throw it in your yard. It won’t take long to be gone. This is especially great if you live in the country because deer LOVE pumpkin!
4. Enrich your soil. This is great to get your soil ready for spring planting. Roughly chop up your pumpkin and bury it. It will quickly decay and enrich your soil.
5. Cook with it. If you didn’t carve your pumpkin, there are literally thousands of recipes online for cooking with pumpkin. Personally I hate pumpkin, but I am a rarity.
spread the word!