Using Free Software
You’ve probably noticed that software for your computer isn’t cheap. One can spend thousands of dollars on one particular program let alone several of them. But honestly for most popular software, there is a “good enough” version in free form. Most of you will NEVER need to use actual photoshop. It’s a pretty complex program and if you don’t know the ends and outs of it, you’ll be spending money on a program you don’t know how to use. What about word processing programs? Microsoft Office will run you almost $200. There is really no reason to spend thousands of dollars on these expensive programs if you just use your computer for basic programs.
Here are a list of those alternatives and where you can download them. By the way, these aren’t only free, they are totally legal. Say NO to internet piracy!
1. Open Office. A word processing program that replaces word. Get your free download HERE.
2. Gimp. If you need a photo editing program, this is it. It’s a great way to learn to photo edit if you are just getting into photography without spending thousands on an Adobe Suite.
3. Wax. Most computers come with some sort of free video editing software, but if you want something with a little more punch, try THIS out.
4. TurboCash. Quickbooks is around $200, you can save that by using THIS free alternative.
5. Scribus. Are you into desktop publishing? InDesign is a very popular program with a hefty price tag. Here is a GREAT alternative.
6. Inkscape. When I upgraded my computer, my version of Illustrator was not compatible. I used THIS for a while and it worked great.
What programs would you like to see a free version of?
spread the word!