A friend of mine recently got some egg laying chickens. Which is just awesome, but now she’s got a ton of eggs and has been giving us some. Now, we have a lot of eggs and honestly there aren’t a ton of egg eaters in our family. That’s mostly my fault because I HATE eggs. Something happened to me the last time I was pregnant and I can’t stand them now.
And since we aren’t eating very many eggs, I need different things to do with them. Come to find out, eggs are great for much more than food! Eggs are cheap by themselves so maybe you’ve got quite a few “egg”tra in your fridge. 😉 Here are some other things you can do with them.
1. Hair treatment. Eggs are GREAT for your hair. Mix one egg and a little olive oil, leave it in your hair for 20 minutes and rinse very well.
2. Face moisturizer. Yolks are awesome for your skin. Mix a yolk with a little water and put on your face. Rinse well and enjoy the softness.
3. Planters! This time of year, we are starting seeds indoors. Egg shells are GREAT for starting seeds. Put a little soil in them with your seed and watch them sprout. The shells have great plant nutrients in them. They are also great crushed up in your gardens.
4. Glue. Yes, I said glue. Egg whites make for great sticky glue. Try it next time you are doing a project. Just add a small amount of flour, sugar and water and make a paste.
5. Drain cleaner. Keep a few ground eggshells in your kitchen sink strainer. They trap solids and when they break down, they will help to naturally clean your pipes on their way out.
What are you doing with your extra eggs?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.