Cheap–I hate that word. I very rarely use it on this blog because of its negative connotation. We here preferred to be called Thrifty. However, I do believe there are people who taking frugal living and being a Thrifty Diva to the dark side! Yes, there is a dark side to being Thrifty and I encourage you not to go there. The dark side is being cheap!
I saw a documentary once about a man so cheap that he took ketchup packets from several restaurants to squeeze into his own bottles. He did the same thing with mustard. He also took 2-ply toilet paper and separated it to make two separate rolls. You can’t get much cheaper than this.
This is not what Thrifty living is all about!
You know you’re too cheap when you…
1. Cheat with coupons. We’ve seen this a lot on a certain tv show and it’s not worth it people!
2. Watch TV through your neighbors window or steal internet.
3. You stage a protest over a 1 cent increase to stamps.
4. You take pennies from the take a penny jar even when you don’t need them!
5. You reuse paper towels. Ewwwwww.
6. You pretend it’s your birthday at a restaurant to get a free dessert.
7. You never tip.
8. You think everything is overpriced. Even when there is a good deal, you have a hard time paying it.
Are you cheap or a healthy frugal?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.