One of my top loves about summer are the farmer’s markets. The fresh and local produce, homemade crafts, food vendors, fresh meats, freshly baked bread and KETTLE CORN! Our farmer’s market rocks! Some of the best deals I have gotten were from the farmer’s market. I guess I feel it’s just honest people trying to make some money and they are generally very fair. My proudest purchase for a babywrap much like the brand Moby. Usually those are around $100. This wonderful mom was making them herself with the cutest designs and for only $30.
You can get great deals at farmer’s markets too! But first you have to go. A lot of people are reluctant to go to farmer’s markets thinking it’s not for them, but trust me they are and they are awesome!
If you are a farmer’s market newbie, follow some of these tips.
1. Don’t buy immediately. Go through the vendors first and see what they are offering. Write down prices, then you can go back to what was the best buy for the money.
2. Try all the samples! A lot of farmer’s markets may have kinds of fruit or even meats, you’ve never tried. Ask for samples. Most vendors are willing to let you try them.
3. Get your fruits and veggie for canning. Farmer’s markets are awesome for buying in bulk. You usually get a pretty good price on bulk items and you’ll have what you need to can all those yummy pickles like I do every year.
4. Go early for the selection, then go late for the deals. The best stuff will be picked off in the morning, but by evening, the deals will come out as people are trying to get rid of their items.
5. Some logistics. Bring cash, buy in bulk and try something new every week.
Follow these tips for a successful farmer’s market experience!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.