Us Thrifty Divas are always looking for ways to save money at the grocery store. We coupon and price match, but what are some other ways to save money? You’d be surprised at some of the simple ways you can save money at the store that don’t include coupons.
1. Always make a list. If you’ve never tried making a list, just try for a month and see the amount of money you save. Impulse buying is significantly cut down when you have a list.
2. Never go to the store hungry. It’s easy to go to the store right after work, but you are more likely to be hungry then too which is a bad thing. You are much more likely to buy more expensive items as well as things you don’t need.
3. Watch the register when you check out. I don’t know the statistics, but I wonder how much money is wasted on items ringing up wrong. Watch as your items ring up and make sure you are getting the right price.
4. Don’t shop with your kids. Maybe your kids are angels and this won’t apply to you, but children’s heads start spinning and they start spitting out green stuff. Seriously they are terrible in the store. So anytime we go to the store with them, we tend to rush more and pay less attention to prices. Go when you can take your time and watch what you are doing.
5. Avoid non-food items (unless you have coupons). I rarely see good prices at the grocery store for non-food items. This isn’t the case with coupons. Actually it’s quite the opposite sometimes. But if you are out of something like deodorant or shampoo, the grocery store will cost you more. Plan ahead so you don’t have to go the grocery store without coupons.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.