Lately, I have been on a mission to make a healthy, tasty oat flour chocolate chip cookie. In my first attempt, the cookie tasted amazing. The only problem was that all the cookies melted into one big cookie. Again, not the worst thing in the world. The whole family loved the cookie(s). But, I didn’t want to bake one cookie; I wanted many cookies! So, I tried again. I tried a no bake recipe that I later transformed into a chocolate peanut butter oatmeal baked cookie. That was good but still not what I had in mind.
Then, last night, I tried again. I found another recipe. I modified the original to suit our tastes. So, here’s what I did.
1 3/4 cups oat flour
1/2-3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (as much as you like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Then, mix all the dry ingredients in a smaller bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well blended. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Put the bowl into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
6. Then, scoop onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove and enjoy! They tasted amazing with my coffee this morning!
Now, I have to say that these cookies are a great improvement from the others. They are good and generally hold together (although they are crumbly). I don’t think that my quest is over. However, I’m happy with what we have today.
Does anyone else get on kicks like this? I am determined to find or create a recipe that tastes great, not just good, and holds together nicely. Trust me, when I find or make it, you will hear about it! 😉
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.