We’ve had so much chalk–and pieces of chalk!–around the house with two little ones in our family. It seems that I always come to a point where I stare at a bowl or pile of chalk and ask myself if we really need it around the house at all! Well, if you have ever found yourself in a similar predicament, I’ve got some answers for you and all your little pieces of chalk! 😉
Chalk can serve some very practical purposes around your house. Here are just a few.
1. Deodorize your closet. Because most closets are closed, the air doesn’t circulate much. That’s part of the reason that there may be an odor or musty smell in there. But, it’s also the reason chalk works so well in your closet. If you put chalk in and around your closet, it will absorb any of those odors.
2. Stabilize a screw. If you are anything like me, then you have had many times of trying to keep a screwdriver IN the screw while trying to screw it into something. Well, just rub some chalk on your screw and your problem is fixed… hopefully, whatever you are fixing is too!
3. Keep ants away. I love anything that ants don’t like. So, apparently, ants do not like chalk. They won’t cross a line of chalk. Guess what, chalk can be your new all natural ant deterrent!
4. Stain remover. Chalk absorbs the oils in a stain and makes it much easier to clean. So, just rub chalk on your stained clothes and let them sit for 10 minutes. After that, just wash as usual and see the magic.
5. Prevent rust. Chalk seems to absorb a lot of things. So, among its amazing abilities is chalk’s ability to prevent rust. So, all those little pieces of chalk you were wondering about can be put to good use in your husband’s tool box or anywhere else in the garage that has a problem with getting rusty.
What do you do with your chalk pieces?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.