Thrifty School Lunches
School is back in session and I bet you are already running out of ideas for lunches or you’re already ready for next summer so you don’t have to think about it anymore. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you with some Thrifty Divas school lunches on a budget. Enjoy these tips that will help you stress less and keep a few dollars in your wallet.
1. Skip the pre-packaged snacks and other foods. It’s much more cost effective to package your own snacks in individual portions instead of buying them that way. It may take a little more time, but it will save you money.
2. Use leftovers. This totally doesn’t fly with my husband because he hates leftovers, but your kids may love it! Might as well try.
3. Invest in good storage containers. It may cost your more at the beginning, but investing in good storage containers and more reusable items, you’ll save later when you don’t have to buy more brown bags or plastic wrap.
4. Plan ahead. Make your child’s lunch the night before instead of the morning of. Rushing will cause you to put together a less economical lunch.
5. Make what you can from scratch. Don’t buy cookies, make them and package them individually. Instead of buying those pre-packaged cheese sticks, cut up a block of cheese into individual servings.
What are some ways you keep your kid’s lunches cheaper?
spread the word!