Summer is here for some of you with higher temperatures. And for me that means wearing flip flops EVERYDAY! Yesterday I just happened to get a pedicure. It was a Mother’s Day gift from my mom. It was WONDERFUL. So relaxing and my toes are so cute. But the cost was over $50! That’s pretty expensive to have pretty feet. When I don’t have gift cards to spend, I take care of my feet at home and it’s almost as good, but only costs a few dollars.
Here’s my Thrifty Diva pedicure step by step.
1. Soak your feet in a mixture of warm water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. The basin cost me nothing because it was from the hospital when I had my kids. I happen to have 6 of them for some reason. The vinegar helps soften the dead skin. If you want to help the smell, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil if you have any. Otherwise just sit back and relax.
2. Scrub scrub scrub. If you have a pumice stone, they work great, but there are a ton of ways to get off dead skin. Try making your own salt/sugar scrub. The dollar store sells back scratchers that make for awesome scrubbers and if you’re at a beach anytime soon the sand is a natural exfoliant.
3. File and prepare your toenails. Files are super cheap. You can get a quite a few at the dollar store in a pack. They definitely don’t have to be fancy.
4. Have your significant other massage your feet. If you don’t have someone to do this, feel free to skip, but it’s nice if you do have someone. If you’re like me, you have lotions galore around the house. That’s one thing I am certain I’ve never purchased. I am always getting some as gifts and always have plenty. Use the lotion for your foot massage.
5. Paint your nails. Make sure you wipe the lotion off with some fingernail polish remover. The lotion will stop your polish from sticking. Make sure you use a topcoat too so your pedicure lasts longer.
6. Vaseline for tough skin. If you are like a lot of people and have really tough skin on your feet vaseline can help. Cake it on your feet and put socks on them overnight. Try that for a few nights and you’ll see a HUGE difference. It really works! It can be messy, but it works!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.