It seems to be a fancy way to drink water when you’re out to eat. It seems like it’s a good thing to do because you vaguely remember hearing or reading that it’s good for something. But, you don’t do it every day. If you are like me, you’ve thought about adding lemon to your water and you’ve even done it when it’s convenient and you remember to do it. But, it has not been a regular part of your routine.
Well, in case you don’t remember why it’s so good to add lemon to your water, here’s a little list of reasons why it’s so good for us to do.
1. Digestion. Because lemon juice has a similar structure to our stomach’s juices, it aids digestion by helping flush out toxins from the digestive tract. It helps relieve indigestion and bloating and hydrates the colon.
2. Immunity. Lemon helps boost immunity because it is rich in vitamin C. The vitamin C in lemon also helps our bodies to absorb more iron, which also strengthens our immunity. Lemons also have both antibacterial and antiviral properties, to help fight off colds and flu. People who drink lemon water daily are actually less likely to get sick to begin with.
3. Energy. Lemon water (especially in first thing in the morning) gives an instant energy boost. Who can’t use that… at any time of the day?
4. Alkalize. Lemons are of the most alkalizing food sources available. Most of what Americans eat on the standard American diet, like processed foods, sugar, and white flour, make our bodies very acidic. Too much acidity can cause obesity, inflammation, and other more serious diseases. Lemon water is an easy, tasty way to prevent too much acidity.
5. Antioxidants. The antioxidants contained in lemons help alleviate the effects of aging and reduce the risk of several types of cancer. This alone is a great reason to start drinking lemon water every day!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.