Dating is something my husband and I don’t do enough. But once you factor in food, movie and sometimes another activity like bowling, it’s pretty expensive. That led my husband and I to start more thrifty dating. Then we don’t have to stress as much when we are out about what we are spending. Here are our best tips.
1. Share a babysitter. We have two kids and our closest couple friends have 2 as well, so we get one babysitter and split the cost. The babysitter charges just a little bit more for 4 kids at once, but it’s still cheaper and our kids LOVE it!
2. Split a meal. This is always the cheaper option. Splitting a meal is a great way to save money and it’s great for dating. You have to choose something together. If you are super hungry hit up places like Applebees, Outback or Olive Garden that often have meals for two.
3. Take advantage of daily deals. Sites like Groupon have date deals often. Grab them up while you can.
4. Go camping. This is great if you can go on an overnight trip. Camping is romantic. You have to talk, take walks together and just be alone together. It’s great bonding time.
5. Go to a coffee shop and play games. We LOVE playing games, but with our kids home, it’s impossible. A lot of coffee shops have tables specifically for playing games. It’s free and it’s fun. This is definitely a favorite here!
What do you do for thrifty dates?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.