For about a year, I worked outside of the home as a news producer. My hours were super crazy and I will admit couponing was the last thing on my mind. When I was home, I wanted to snuggle my two babies for as long as they would let me. As a matter of fact, my husband did all the cooking and cleaning too.
There are so many women who work outside of the home, but still want to coupon. However, they may find it overwhelming with all the time they think it will take. I’ve got some pointers for you working gals or men who like to coupon or want to find the time to do it.
1. Have your newspaper delivered at your home. A round trip to the store to pick one up is just an added stress to your week. Let the paper boy do it for you. Most newspapers also have a Sunday special if you don’t want the paper the rest of the week.
2. You don’t have to be an extreme couponer. If you don’t have the time to sit down for 6 hours a day to make a stockpile, that’s ok. Maybe just pick one store that you seem to find the best deals at and focus on that. For that year I was working, I only did Walgreens. It was close to my house and I would always get freebies which I love.
3. Let everyone else do the work for you. There are so many websites out there that will post match ups, coupon links, and discounts that you don’t have to do all the searching. Have you checked out Thrifty Divas? I hear they are pretty awesome. 😉
4. Ask your spouse if they would cut your coupons while you are at work. It’s not a hugely time consuming job, but someone has to do it. If your spouse isn’t familiar with couponing, but wants to help you save time, this would be great!
5. My final advice is don’t stress if you can’t get the savings that others can because of your time constraints. It is what it is. Every dime counts so remember if you use one coupon at the store as opposed to 40, you still saved your family money.
Do you work outside of the home and coupon? What are some tricks you use to save time?
Spread The Word!