Continuing our topic from yesterday, today I’ll give you some tips on things that are good to buy online vs. in person. I am a big online buyer because of the research I can do. Here’s my list of things I typically buy online.
1. Books. I ALWAYS check out Amazon for used books. I NEVER buy new books especially because used can be wayyyyy cheaper and just as good. Amazon gives you a pretty good description of their condition and has never led me astray.
2. Hotels. I am a firm believer that you can find the best deals on hotels online. I once got a 4-star hotel on Priceline for $50! It didn’t hurt to try and I got an amazing deal! Hotels.com is also great for finding a good rate.
3. Graphic design. This is one of those things I use often and with the creation of things like Etsy, it’s become a lot easier to afford luxury items like graphic design. Looking for wedding invitations that you’d like to do yourself, but can’t do the design, there are thousands of designs online for less than $10. With a little knowledge about templates, you can save thousands.
4. Music. Back in the day I would buy single cassettes to save money. Mostly because I only liked one or two songs on a album, so singles were a cheap way to get what I want. Now, with MP3 music downloads we can download individual songs and save from spending the full price for songs we may not listen to.
5. Printing. Like graphic design, printing is so much cheaper with online companies now. You can find anything from really cheap/free business cards to very inexpensive marketing materials like postcards and brochures.
What do you prefer to buy online?
Spread The Word!