The most powerful card in your wallet isn’t your debit card, it can be you library card. They are free and open you up to a whole new world of Thrifty Diva living and can provide a lot of summer fun for your family. In addition to books, here are some other things your library card can get you.
1. Movies and books on CD. A lot libraries have movies that you can check out for long periods of time. They aren’t new, but they are just as entertaining the second time around. There are some libraries that have digital downloads for books so you can listen to them on your MP3 player.
2. Free museum entries. Some libraries will have tickets to things like museums to give to library members. Ask your library staff if they have anything like that.
3. Free internet. The library has been known for their free internet and computers for a while. If you can’t afford to buy a computer or have interent, the library is a great place to still get in on all the online action.
4. Access to expensive software. A lot of libraries have their computers stocked with really expensive software like Photoshop and the rest of the Adobe creative suite. Use their programs instead of buying your own.
5. Peace and quiet. Libraries are known for this. This is especially appealing to me as a mom. Our library has awesome couches and it’s nice and quiet. It’s a great place to get away and just read without interruptions from the world.
Spread The Word!