A while back we posted a recipe for dry laundry soap. It’s really awesome and you should try it. Now I’ve made liquid concentrated laundry soap from a Facebook post I’ve seen floating around. I just made it so I haven’t had a chance to test it, but friends of mine have made it as well and say it’s awesome. It’s super easy to make and costs pennies to make since you only use a tablespoon per load.
What You Need
1 bar Fels Naptha
1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
4 cups of hot water
What To Do
You do need to follow these instructions very thoroughly to make it come out right.
1. Boil 4 cups of water in a large pan on high heat.
2. Mix the borax and washing powder together and sit aside.
3. Using a food processor or a cheese grater, grate the bar of fels naptha.
4. Put the grated soap into your large pan of boiling water and reduce heat. Let the soap melt completely. Just be careful not to boil too quickly or it will become very messy.
5. Remove from heat and add your powder mix. Stir until it’s FULLY dissolved.
6. Pour mixture into two 1 quart mason jars.
7. Add enough water to each jar to reach the top of the jar.
8. (VERY IMPORTANT STEP) Turn the jars upside down for 3-5 hours or until the parts separate.
9. Once separated poor into a blender and mix VERY well. It will resemble pudding.
10. Use 1 tablespoon per load.
It’s a lot of steps, but it’s really easy! Give it a try and let us know how it works for you!
Here’s a nice deal on some Wisk laundry detergent. Dollar General has Wisk on sale for $4.00. Use a coupon and score a 45oz bottle for only $2! That’s a great deal! Here’s how it works:
Wisk Liquid Laundry Detergent, 45 oz $4.00, On Sale through 4/14
Use $2.00/1 Wisk Liquid Laundry Detergent, 45 oz+ from RP 3/25 (exp 5/6)
Final Price: $2.00
This deal came just in time for our household–and laundry! So, I took advantage of it today! I got two 50 oz. bottles of this for only $2.99 each!
Buy 1 Wisk 2x Ultra or HE Liquid Laundry Detergent, 26-32 Loads $4.99, On Sale through 3/31
Use $2.00/1 Wisk Laundry Detergent, 45 oz or larger from RP 3/25 (exp 5/6)
or$2.00/1 – Wisk Laundry Detergent, 45 oz or larger – (redplum.com)
Final Price: $2.99
I take pride in no longer paying full price for laundry detergent. But, this is the best deal I’ve seen ever on laundry detergent: FREE! As with all clearance items, check your local CVS to make sure they have it and that it is marked with the same sale price. Here’s how it works:
Cheer BrightClean Fresh Scent, 2X, 32 Loads 50 oz $1.99, Clearance Price
Use $2.00/1 Cheer Detergent, excludes trial/travel size from RP 2/19 (exp 3/31)
Final Price: Free
I think about making my own laundry detergent all the time. But, in the meanwhile, I don’t pay full price for laundry detergent. I wait for deals like this. If you’re like me, check out Walgreens before Saturday for some laundry detergent.
Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent, 25 to 32 loads $2.99, On Sale thru 3/3
Use $1.00/2 Arm and Hammer Laundry Product from SS 2/12 (exp 4/01)
Final Price: $2.49 each when you buy 2
We posted a couple of weeks ago about this sample and it’s back up!
Just watch a short Purex commercial and get your free sample. Only one per household.