For years I’ve heard that Apple Cider Vinegar is the most amazing product out there. It’s good for you with the ability to be used internally for healthy digestion as well as even externally for your skin. And of course, the recipes you can use it in are amazing! But there is so much more!
1. Hair care. This is amazing! You can rinse your hair in it after shampooing a few times a week for amazing shine and body! It’s really fantastic what it does.
2. Skin Care. It can even be used a toner a few times a week. Just dilute a small amount in water and dab it on your skin. It will help with wrinkles and scars too if you leave it overnight.
3. Wart Remover. Take a cotton ball and put ACV on it and put it on the wart and cover it with a bandaid. Keep doing this overnight until the wart falls off.
4. Teeth cleaner. Rub ACV directly onto your teeth and rinse. Keep doing this until you reach the whiteness you’d like.
5. Weight loss! Everyone likes this one. In a 2009 study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, “it was found that subjects that consumed acetic acid for 12 weeks experienced significant declines in body weight, abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides. Triglycerides contribute to the bad cholesterol that we want to avoid.” Add 2 teaspoons to 16 oz of water and drink everyday.
Do you use apple cider vinegar? What are your uses?
Is winter over yet? Our house just can’t seem to get well from things like the common cold. So now, we are on a mission to boost our immune systems, but we’d really like to save some money by not investing in a ton of over the counter remedies. Instead we are trying these more natural and more thrifty options.
1. Garlic! This is my favorite immune booster and it really does work. I cook with a lot of it and when we are sick, I boost that amount. If you don’t like the smell, you can buy garlic capsules, but it’s definitely cheaper to cook with it.
2. Yogurt. The probiotics are great for the health of your gut. A healthy gut will help you fight off infection and just overall make you feel better. Try THIS crockpot recipe and save even more money than making it yourself.
3. Eat less processed and sugary foods. Sugar suppresses your immune system. Eating less will definitely help your immune system.
4. Sleep. Whoever thought of this obviously doesn’t have small children, but sleep really does help. It’s in those hours of sleep your body is able to repair itself.
5. Gargle with salt water. Japanese scientists say doing this simple thing twice a day can reduce your chances of a viral infection by almost 35%. And of course if you have a sore throat it really does help with the pain.
What are you doing to stay healthy?
I don’t know why it does, but it bothers me to throw away orange peels. They smell so amazing. I just knew there had to be uses for it, so I researched, tried it and here’s what I’ve been doing.
1. Deodorizer for your garbage disposal. Those things can get stinky and now you can even buy little scent beads to help. However, throwing a little orange peel down will help just as much. Lemons help as well.
2. Skin care. Orange peels have powerful ingredients for your skin. Check out this awesome tutorial for making your own body scrub from orange peels.
3. Room freshener. Simmer your peels in water and it will freshen your room.
4. Infused oil. If you like the flavor of orange you can infuse olive oil with the peels. Just throw some of the zest in there and let it soak for a while.
5. Garbage can deodorizer. Throw some peels in the bottom of your trash can and it will help with any strong odors.
6. Fire! Did you know that oranges are pretty flammable? Next time you go camping, use it to help start a campfire.
What do you do with orange peels?
Toothpaste is one of those items that I can always get free. So then I have tons of toothpaste and only so many teeth. You can always donate your extra stash, but here are some other uses for toothpaste that I love.
1. Hanging pictures and other wall decor.
This is by far my favorite use for toothpaste. I HATE trying to put up pictures in my house. I hate using levelers and when I saw this on Pinterest, it was too good to not try. When hanging up something and you want it in a specific place on your wall, just put toothpaste on the bracket and press it to the wall. The toothpaste dot will be left and then place your nail there. It’s so simple and saves you so much time!
2. Treats acne! It does and it works! Just dab a little paste on a zit and it will dry it overnight!
3. Cleans jewelry. I have NO idea if this is recommended or not, but my sister-in-law t0ld me about it and it really does make your jewelry sparkle. I use my extra toothbrushes and literally brush my rings just like my teeth and my rings look BRAND new. It’s amazing!
4. Use it to clean your stinky hands. I use garlic when cooking all the time and I love it freshly chopped, but I hate the smell of my hands afterward. Use toothpaste next time that happens to you and you’ll get rid of the stink!
5. Soothe insect bites. It’s still summer time so we are still being bit by mosquitoes and stung by bees. Next time it happens, use some toothpaste to sooth the sting!
What have you used toothpaste for?