What Dad wouldn’t love a special photo turned into an 8×10 canvas? He can hang it up at his office, in his man cave, or you can pick out the photo you love most, let the kids give it to him, and then hang it up where you want it. 😉
Free 8×10 photo canvas or $40 Off any larger size! Order HERE!
Special Photo Effects Available: Photo Enhancement, Black & White, and Sepia
Guys are so hard when it comes to gifts. Ditch the boring old tie this year… get a personalized photo mug instead! Sentimental and useful, remind Dad of happy family memories everytime he drinks his coffee from this mug.
York Photo: Free Father’s Day Mug. Plus get 40 free prints.
Guaranteed Father’s Day delivery if ordered by May 31
Use Code: MYMUG
Expires June 15
New Customers Only
Shipping: Starts At $5.99
Yesterday I talked about Thrifty Divas Father’s Day ideas. I shared with you the idea of painted hand prints. Well today I made it and it cost me a total of less than $10! I am so proud of it too! It’s AMAZING and personal. My husband is going to love it. And even better was the canvas I bought was half off at Joann’s Fabric and Craft store! If you want to do this you just need a few simple items.
What You Need
Canvas-The size is really personal. I went with a 9×12 because it’s more rectangular and I liked that. You can do any size you’d like, but be aware of how many children you have.
Acrylic paint-You may even have this in your craft box. If so you can save even more money. The ones I bought were only $2.50 each.
Paint brush-Any will work as long as you can “write” with it.
Kids-You need their hands
What To Do
1. Write whatever you want on there. I chose Happy Father’s Day 2012 with my kid’s names on it. You can do whatever you want with whatever color scheme you want. My kids are still too young to write so I had to do it. If yours are older they can even write a little message on it.
2. Cover their hands in paint. This is the part where I thought, “what are you thinking????” My kids are 3 and 1 so it was kind of crazy, but it worked. I did ruin a shirt though. Be careful with this stage with the little ones. My daughter licked her finger. Thank God it was non-toxic!
3. Let dry and be impressed with yourself!
This Thrifty Diva is not a crafty diva so I was pretty proud of myself.
What do you think of my creation???
Father’s Day is Sunday! Are you ready? I am NOT! Honestly I’ve been so busy I haven’t even thought about it. Please don’t tell my husband 😉 Since I am a Thrifty Diva I am always looking for frugal ideas for gifts. Here’s some ideas that I am trying to decide from.
1. Power tools. This is a great time to buy them because stores generally have them on sale. My husband always wants tools. Knowing they go on sale this time of year is a good reason to say no the rest of the time :).
2. Hand prints painted on a plate. I LOVE this idea and I think this is what we are doing. It’s so cheap too! You can get super cheap glass plates from the dollar store. Then buy some non-toxic acrylic paints. Get your little ones hands all painted up and press them against the plate. Let them dry really well especially is the plate is glossy. Wash little hands immediately!
3. Cook his favorite meal. If my husband could ask for one thing, it would be the meal that I refuse to make all the time. You are probably going to be cooking anyway right? Why not just make his favorite meal. It may be the only thing you need to do.
4. Lots o’ sweets. Are you seeing a trend here? My husband would be totally happy with a bunch of food and man he has a sweet tooth. Spend the day baking and make him a treat tin with his favorites. In my husband’s tin would be my special chocolate chip cookies, rice crispy treats, molasses cookies and peppernuts.
5. Do the “man chores” for a week. This may sound bad, but we have chores we call the man chores. They include taking out the trash and yard work. My husband would LOVE a week off. I could do it for a week huh?
What are your frugal Father’s Day ideas?
Get a FREE Father’s Day Card from Cardstore.com. Just use code LUVDAD2.
Don’t forget to send this card to yourself so you’ll get free shipping too!
How about a nice personalized gift for Dad this year? VistaPrint makes it affordable!
Thinking about buying cologne as a Father’s Day present? These coupons will help.
Still need a gift for Father Day (June 17th)? How about a FREE one?
USE Code: FREEFORDAD at Ink Garden to get a free custom notebook, mug, or mousepad (just pay shipping).
$4.99 for the Notebook
$4.99 for the MousePad
$5.99 for the Mug