Uncle Sam wants your coupons!
Most of us every week go through our coupon stash and get rid of the ones that have expired. Did you know instead of throwing them away, you can donate them to military overseas?
Yep, you can donate them! Military personnel overseas can use coupons up to six months after they expire. How awesome is that? Families on the bases there can pick these coupons up from the PX/ BX and Commissary. Often times, these families are living on one income from their loved ones serving, so here’s a great way for you to help them.
Some things to know…
1. You can only send manufacturer coupons.
2. Although you are donating, this is not tax deductible.
3. They ask that you cut the coupons.
4. Sort them by food and non-food items.
5. Don’t send them if they are more than 2 months expired.
Wow, this sounds great, where do I send them?
Check out the Overseas Coupon Program website. They will tell you the who, what, when, where and why. It’s super easy to get those coupons where they need to go. You can send them to any base you choose.
What a great way to support our troops and their families!
Spread The Word!