Even with a long weekend last weekend, I’m ready for a cooking break. I’ll be taking advantage of some of these awesome deals. Which will you be using?
Not just a medium but get a large 2 topping pizza from Dominos for $5.99 for carryout only
. Use coupon sode 9159 when you order online. This deal ends June 2nd.
Go to a participating Burger King restaurant and get a $.50 cent Soft Serve Cone. It’s a nice break from the heat and it’s going to last until August 5th!
Go to a participating Krispy Kreme on June 7th and get a free doughnut for National Doughnut Day, it will be yummy. (My husband’s exact words).
Get $10 off a purchase of $25 or more at Smokey Bones by using THIS
coupon. Offer ends on June 2nd.
Make a purchase of $30 or more and get $10 off with THIS coupon. Offer ends on June 30th.
Macaroni Grill or Joe’s Crab Shack
coupon to get 10% off your purchase at Macaroni Grill or Joe’s Crab Shack. Offer ends on July 8th.
For all your late dinner guests tonight after 9pm local time go to a participating Panda Express get a free order of Orange Chicken for free with THIS
If you’re like hundreds of thousands of Americans, you’re struggling with school debt. We struggle with it. Seems weird to pay for something you aren’t in right now and for us it’s been a while since we graduated. Nonetheless, until we pay off the loans, we’ll have to pay them. However, we’ve been incorporating some techniques to pay it off more quickly.
1. Don’t defer you payments. It’s not hard to put your student loans off. Remember that you’ll eventually have to pay for them. Start now if you financially can. Deferment programs are there for a reason, but if you have the money, start paying it off.
2. Make a plan. Figure out how much you owe, how long you want to pay for it and divide that by months. Make those payments like you would a house or a car.
3. Set up automatic payments. This way you won’t get any late fees and you won’t miss any payments. I LOVE this option. I never have to worry about it and it’s always on time.
4. Don’t extend your payment schedule. It may seem appealing to extend your loan to 20 years instead of say 10, but you’ll end up paying for much more interest, plus you’ll be in debt longer.
5. Make large chunk payments. Wondering what to do with your tax refund or maybe some inheritance? Think about putting it toward your loans and getting out of debt!
You’ve heard the squeaky wheel gets the oil right? Well I’m convinced that the squeaky Thrifty Divas get discounts. Whether you are shopping at your favorite store or eating at your favorite restaurant, if you have a bad experience telling the right people can definitely help you save some money.
Disclaimer: This advice is mean’t for when you have a bad experience and need to know how to talk to the right people, it’s not an excuse to try and get free/discounted stuff just because. Please use this advice the right way.
First of all there is definitely and right and wrong way to complain. It’s so important that you do it the right way to get the results you want.
Here’s how we think you should “complain”.
1. Don’t yell. NEVER EVER EVER yell. It’s not only rude, but it will never get you anywhere. Ever heard that you get more flies with honey than vinegar? I can’t stress how true this is. Kill them with kindness and you’ll totally disarm any situation.
2. Speak to the decision maker. This may be a manager, supervisor or some other kind of person in charge, but it’s important you talk to who can make things happen. Complaining to the wrong person not only won’t get you anywhere, it could make things worse.
3. Explain what happened in detail. If it’s something that’s more drawn out and complicated, type it up for the right person to see. There is so much importance in details. The more detailed you can be, the more serious your complaint will be taken.
4. Tell them what you would like. A lot of places/people will flat out ask you how you’d like the situation to be resolved. Don’t just say you don’t know, tell them what you’d like done to resolve it. Be reasonable and don’t take advantage, but let your requests be known.
5. Let it be. If you get the issue resolved, let it go there. Don’t complain behind their back, instead praise their customer service for helping you get the issue resolved.
Remember that behind every complaint is a person 🙂
Order a Canvas Photo for Mother’s Day!
Get a FREE* 8×10 or $50 Off any other size.
(*Just Pay Shipping)
Special Photo Effects Available: Photo Enhancement, Black & White, and Sepia
And yes, I personally recommend Canvas People and their products. Look at my beautiful canvas print!
I know the number 1 complaint of smartphones is the cost. Not only the initial cost to buy them initially but the month charges plus replacing them if they are damaged is a lot for some to chew. But there are ways they can help you save money and sometimes even pay for themselves with their savings. Here are some ways to save money with your smartphone.
1. Coupons, coupons, coupons! A lot of retailers will accept coupons via your smartphone. All you have to do is show them or they’ll get scanned and your good to go. I saved 20% off the other day at JCPenny because I had an email coupon. It saved me from printing it out and it saved me another 20% off my purchase.
2. Price compare. There are even applications for this. You can simply scan a barcode on an item and the apps will tell you where it’s cheaper. This is especially great if you are buying large appliances or electronics where the price can really matter. I love to use Pricegrabber.
3. Loyalty cards. I don’t know why, but I lose these things. Which is why I LOVE the CardStar app. You can store all your cards and their barcodes on this one app and then they can scan your phone and get you your discounts. Never miss a discount again!
4. Cheap gas. Want to know where the cheapest gas is? Download the GasBuddy app and find out.
5. GPS. No reason to buy GPS systems anymore. Most smartphones have their own GPS on them. That alone will pay for the actual cost on the phone.
What do you do with your smartphone?
This is one of my favorite month for sales and deals because of all the “Earth Day” specials and giveaways! But, there is so much more than Earth Day deals to take advantage of. Here’s a heads up as to what you can expect to see go on sale this month.
Expect natural and organic foods and personal care products to be discounted at most stores. Many stores will give away reusable bags and water bottles on Earth day or for a couple of days (if it runs into a weekend). If you are in the market for an lighting or appliances, look for Energy Star appliances and CFL and LED lighting to be discounted. Sometimes, you can get fantastic rebates on Energy Star appliances as well. We know that, among other stores, Target will be giving away free reusable shopping bags with natural and organic freebies!
Look for spring-related items to be featured this month. Spring items to keep an eye on include: gardening equipment and seeds, bird feeders, spring cleaning supplies, and allergy medicine.
Anytime after a holiday is a great time for sales. It’s great because it means that it’s not just any sale; it’s a clearance! This is the time to stock up on decorations, baskets and grass, egg dyeing kits and other Easter related items for the next year! It’s also a good time to pick up some discounted candy! Think pastel colored M&Ms! 😉
April means tax deadlines. So, look for deals online for tax services like H&R Block,Turbo Tax and others.
It’s nice when you stumble upon a deal. But, it can’t hurt to be prepared to be ready for them. What April sale item are you looking to buy?
I don’t know why, but every weekend that comes along, I feel done with cooking. Am I alone here? If not, here are some great deals!
Outback Steakhouse-4-course meal for $15! You choose from a special menu with limited choices, but it’s still awesome. Check out the menu HERE.
Great American Cookies-Have you wanted to try the Brownie Ballistic? Now is your chance to get a coupon for a free one! Just head over to their Facebook page to sign up for your freebie.
Panda Express-Free single serving of Samuari Surf & Turf on April 17th. Go HERE for your free coupon to use.
Melting Pot-Buy 1 cheese fondue, get 1 free from April 8th-11th. We can thank National Cheese Fondue Day for this AMAZING deal! Make sure you read through all the fine print and details HERE.
Pinkberry-Every Wednesday in April from 11am-2pm score a free yogurt from Facebook. You’ll need to check out your local Pinkberry Facebook page, but participating ones will have a freebie up every Wednesday.
Baskin-Robbins-Buy 1 Jomocha Heath cone or cupe and get the second one for free. Just use THIS coupon. It expires tomorrow, but enjoy today!
Quiznos-Free small sub with purchase of second sub and drink. Make sure you go to their Facebook page for this deal.
Arby’s-Free 160z shake with purchase of a sandwich. This deals ends on April 9th. Print out your coupon HERE.
April is here which means free televisions for EVERYONE!!!
Just kidding, April Fools! 🙂
Try not to be fooled too many times today, but this month’s deals are no joke! Here’s what’s on sale.
Indoor Fitness Equipment
Since most people like to get outside to exercise and since spring is here, the stores are getting rid of their fitness equipment. Even though you may be outside exercising as well, it will be waiting for you next winter and you’ll be happy you saved the money on it.
All of those winter and fall sets will be on sale to make room for spring and summer colors. Even though the darker colors may be out of season, just knowing you saved the money will make those darker colors seem brighter.
With tax day on April 15th and a lot of people getting tax refunds, a lot of car dealerships have refund sales. It’s not a bad time of year to look into it especially if you’ll have some extra money from your taxes.
Earth Day Sales
April 22nd is Earth Day this year and as usual we’ll see deals on items that help you “go green”. Check out things like items to grow a garden too!
Asparagus, butter, coconut, mushrooms, peas, beets, grapefruit and horseradish should all be on sale.
It’s the day after Easter, so you’ll see all the candy, baking goods, hams and egg decorating kits and other decorations will be on clearance.
Items to avoid this month
Indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, camcorders and gas grills.