It’s like a ticket to an amazing sample sale. Only members can take advantage of zulily’s low prices. Membership is free and signing up is fast and easy. Once you’re a member, you’ll be the first to know what we’ve got to offer every day.
zulily events last 72 hours . . . then they’re gone! New brands move in and get their three days on the site.
A lot of kids started back to school today. My Facebook feed is being blown up with cute kids excited for their first day of the new school year. Most of them were wearing new clothes and shoes too. Back to school shopping is a tradition in most houses and many states have adopted a tax free day for this very reason. Check and see if your state is on there. To find out the full details of the “rules” of the tax free day, click on the link provided.
• Alabama: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• Arkansas: August 3-4, Click here for more details.
• Connecticut: August 18-24, Click here for more details.
• Florida: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• Georgia: August 9-10, Click here for more details.
• Iowa: August 2-3, Click here for more details.
• Louisiana: August 2-3, Click here for more details.
• Maryland: August 11-17, Click here for more details.
• Missouri: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• New Mexico: August, 2-4, Click here for more details.
• North Carolina: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• Oklahoma: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• South Carolina: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• Tennessee: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
• Texas: August 9-10, Click here for more details.
• Virginia: August 2-4, Click here for more details.
Do you have a BBQ hangover? Too many ribs? You aren’t alone!
But if you can get off the couch and make it to the store, there are a lot after the 4th sales going on. Don’t miss out. Here’s what you should get.
Fireworks-this is obvious, but you’ll have to search. Most firework stands close up early on the 4th, but you can find some leftovers. Stores like Target and Wal-Mart usually have packages too that they cut way back the day after.
Meat and BBQ supplies-A lot of stores stock up on meat and reduce it the day after to move it out more quickly. It’s definitely worth checking out since you can freeze meat.
Bread-more specifically buns. These make amazing garlic toast, so buy them up!
Department store sales-Most places like at the mall and such are having 4th of July sales. You can usually find really great deals coupled with coupons they’ve either sent out or they are handing out.
Decorations-All the plates, cups and other decorations for the 4th will be on sale. Go back even on the 6th for deeper discounts. And I’ll let you in on a secret, food tastes the same on those plates a few days later.
Letting you know about all these restaurant deals is making me hungry. How about you!? Check out all these awesome deals. If you are going out, this is the way to go!
Krispy Kreme-buy a dozen doughnuts, get a 2nd dozen for $.76.
On July 13th, some Krispy Kremes will be participating in this deal in honor of their 76th birthday!
Boston Market-50% off family meals.
Use THIS coupon for 50% off one of their family meals. This is only for July 4th.
California Pizza Kitchen-$10 off $40 or more orders.
Using Google you can print out THIS
coupon for $10 off your $40 or more order. You must have a Google account to claim your coupon.
Domino’s Pizza-50% off any handmade pan pizza online order .
Use the code P6A3N and get 50% off your handmade pan pizza. You must order online and this deal ends June 30th.
The most powerful card in your wallet isn’t your debit card, it can be you library card. They are free and open you up to a whole new world of Thrifty Diva living and can provide a lot of summer fun for your family. In addition to books, here are some other things your library card can get you.
1. Movies and books on CD. A lot libraries have movies that you can check out for long periods of time. They aren’t new, but they are just as entertaining the second time around. There are some libraries that have digital downloads for books so you can listen to them on your MP3 player.
2. Free museum entries. Some libraries will have tickets to things like museums to give to library members. Ask your library staff if they have anything like that.
3. Free internet. The library has been known for their free internet and computers for a while. If you can’t afford to buy a computer or have interent, the library is a great place to still get in on all the online action.
4. Access to expensive software. A lot of libraries have their computers stocked with really expensive software like Photoshop and the rest of the Adobe creative suite. Use their programs instead of buying your own.
5. Peace and quiet. Libraries are known for this. This is especially appealing to me as a mom. Our library has awesome couches and it’s nice and quiet. It’s a great place to get away and just read without interruptions from the world.
Even with a long weekend last weekend, I’m ready for a cooking break. I’ll be taking advantage of some of these awesome deals. Which will you be using?
Not just a medium but get a large 2 topping pizza from Dominos for $5.99 for carryout only
. Use coupon sode 9159 when you order online. This deal ends June 2nd.
Go to a participating Burger King restaurant and get a $.50 cent Soft Serve Cone. It’s a nice break from the heat and it’s going to last until August 5th!
Go to a participating Krispy Kreme on June 7th and get a free doughnut for National Doughnut Day, it will be yummy. (My husband’s exact words).
Get $10 off a purchase of $25 or more at Smokey Bones by using THIS
coupon. Offer ends on June 2nd.
Make a purchase of $30 or more and get $10 off with THIS coupon. Offer ends on June 30th.
Macaroni Grill or Joe’s Crab Shack
coupon to get 10% off your purchase at Macaroni Grill or Joe’s Crab Shack. Offer ends on July 8th.
For all your late dinner guests tonight after 9pm local time go to a participating Panda Express get a free order of Orange Chicken for free with THIS
If you’re like hundreds of thousands of Americans, you’re struggling with school debt. We struggle with it. Seems weird to pay for something you aren’t in right now and for us it’s been a while since we graduated. Nonetheless, until we pay off the loans, we’ll have to pay them. However, we’ve been incorporating some techniques to pay it off more quickly.
1. Don’t defer you payments. It’s not hard to put your student loans off. Remember that you’ll eventually have to pay for them. Start now if you financially can. Deferment programs are there for a reason, but if you have the money, start paying it off.
2. Make a plan. Figure out how much you owe, how long you want to pay for it and divide that by months. Make those payments like you would a house or a car.
3. Set up automatic payments. This way you won’t get any late fees and you won’t miss any payments. I LOVE this option. I never have to worry about it and it’s always on time.
4. Don’t extend your payment schedule. It may seem appealing to extend your loan to 20 years instead of say 10, but you’ll end up paying for much more interest, plus you’ll be in debt longer.
5. Make large chunk payments. Wondering what to do with your tax refund or maybe some inheritance? Think about putting it toward your loans and getting out of debt!
You’ve heard the squeaky wheel gets the oil right? Well I’m convinced that the squeaky Thrifty Divas get discounts. Whether you are shopping at your favorite store or eating at your favorite restaurant, if you have a bad experience telling the right people can definitely help you save some money.
Disclaimer: This advice is mean’t for when you have a bad experience and need to know how to talk to the right people, it’s not an excuse to try and get free/discounted stuff just because. Please use this advice the right way.
First of all there is definitely and right and wrong way to complain. It’s so important that you do it the right way to get the results you want.
Here’s how we think you should “complain”.
1. Don’t yell. NEVER EVER EVER yell. It’s not only rude, but it will never get you anywhere. Ever heard that you get more flies with honey than vinegar? I can’t stress how true this is. Kill them with kindness and you’ll totally disarm any situation.
2. Speak to the decision maker. This may be a manager, supervisor or some other kind of person in charge, but it’s important you talk to who can make things happen. Complaining to the wrong person not only won’t get you anywhere, it could make things worse.
3. Explain what happened in detail. If it’s something that’s more drawn out and complicated, type it up for the right person to see. There is so much importance in details. The more detailed you can be, the more serious your complaint will be taken.
4. Tell them what you would like. A lot of places/people will flat out ask you how you’d like the situation to be resolved. Don’t just say you don’t know, tell them what you’d like done to resolve it. Be reasonable and don’t take advantage, but let your requests be known.
5. Let it be. If you get the issue resolved, let it go there. Don’t complain behind their back, instead praise their customer service for helping you get the issue resolved.
Remember that behind every complaint is a person