Click here to enter. A healthy lifestyle is a journey. Even the smallest changes can make the biggest difference. AARP can help you on your path, one step at a time.
Hike up Mt. You-topia to explore our trivia and learn exciting everyday wellness tips for your chance to WIN the $10,000 Grand Prize.
Getting older definitely has its perks. Especially when there are so many discounts out there for you. But I’m not to the point where I get those discounts. Actually I forget my age often because I stopped at 29. 😉
But if you are of the age to merit discounts, you’ll definitely want to remember these typical senior discounts next time you are out and about. Ten percent here and 20 percent there can really add up.
1. Public transport. If you live in a city with public transportation, a lot of cities offer major discounts or even free services to seniors.
2. Food. Ever see a senior menu at your favorite restaurant? Even some grocery stores have discounts.
3. Clothing. Ross and Marshalls are two stores in particular that I know give senior discounts on certain days. Oh and I can’t forget Kohl’s has theirs every Wednesday!
4. Travel. AAA has great senior discounts. Our local store not only gives members discounts on movie tickets, but senior discounts as well.
5. National parks and museums. I know most state parks have senior passes for really cheap. We live by Glacier National park and seniors get a yearly pass for $10 while the rest of us get in for around $55 a year. This pass gets you into all the national parks as well.
6. Movies. Most theaters have senior pricing.
7. AARP. Sign up with them and get tons of discounts from places all over!
8. Hotels. They have senior discounts too! Don’t be scared to ask.
9. Campgrounds and RV Parks. My in-laws are snowbirds and spend their winters in Arizona in a HUGE senior RV park. They get a discount and are loving life down there!
10. Are we missing any? Help us out by posting on our Facebook page anything we left out!