Is it hot where you live? Oh my it is here! Plus in our neck of the woods, no homes have air conditioning (granted, we’re up north and don’t have humidity to contend with). Right now in my house the thermostat says it’s 86 in here. It’s miserable. We’ve been learning some tricks to keeping our house cooler because we have to. If you do have AC and want to keep your house cool without using it, these tips will help as well.
1. Open all the windows open at night to let the cool evening breeze in. During the day, shut them all up and pull the curtains. The goal is to keep all that cool air in!
2. Fan in the windows at night. This trick really works! Put a fan in your window and the one side will bring the cold air into your room. It’s amazing!
3. No cooking in the oven. It’s not really that hard. All you have to do is be smart about it. I always cook outside on the grill or in my crock pot. I’ll do a little on the stove top, but not much! That oven will heat up your whole house! Be creative with your normal foods, you can probably still make them outside 🙂
4. DIY Air Conditioning-This really works! It’s not going to make your home frigid by any means, but it will help. Just put a bowl of ice in front of a fan and you’ll get really cold air. Just keep refreezing the melted ice and keep cooling!
5. Take a cold shower when you are hot to the point of sweating. When you get that bad, it takes a lot to cool off. The best way is a cold shower. Do it as cold as you can stand it. Once you are back out in the cold house, you’ll be able to stay cooler longer.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.