We live in the northwest where it doesn’t really get hot. Maybe a month out of the year we’ll hit mid 80’s to lower 90’s. When it hits the 90’s it gets pretty miserable and every year I have to incorporate my “no AC” tricks. With these tricks we can get a little relief from the heat.
1. Windows open at night, closed during the day. It seems weird to shut the house up, but at night is when it’s usually cooler, so opening up the house is best then. But then you want to keep that cooler air in, so during the day when it’s the hottest, you want the windows clothes. Make sure you shut all the blinds too.
2. Turn off all the lights. Your lights don’t put out a lot of heat, but keeping your rooms dark will help with the temperatures.
3. Don’t cook! No seriously don’t cook inside your house. An oven is amazing at heating a house in the winter and will do the same in the summer. Stick to your crockpot, grill and microwave.
4. Cold shower. This is my favorite method. This is best when you are super hot. Hop in the shower and turn it as cold as you can and stay there. Allow your body temperature to lower and you’ll feel so much better. Don’t make it a quick shower though, it takes some time to cool down.
5. Drink lots of water. Your body will stay cooler if it’s well hydrated, so drink up!
What are your best tips for staying cool?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.