I know the number 1 complaint of smartphones is the cost. Not only the initial cost to buy them initially but the month charges plus replacing them if they are damaged is a lot for some to chew. But there are ways they can help you save money and sometimes even pay for themselves with their savings. Here are some ways to save money with your smartphone.
1. Coupons, coupons, coupons! A lot of retailers will accept coupons via your smartphone. All you have to do is show them or they’ll get scanned and your good to go. I saved 20% off the other day at JCPenny because I had an email coupon. It saved me from printing it out and it saved me another 20% off my purchase.
2. Price compare. There are even applications for this. You can simply scan a barcode on an item and the apps will tell you where it’s cheaper. This is especially great if you are buying large appliances or electronics where the price can really matter. I love to use Pricegrabber.
3. Loyalty cards. I don’t know why, but I lose these things. Which is why I LOVE the CardStar app. You can store all your cards and their barcodes on this one app and then they can scan your phone and get you your discounts. Never miss a discount again!
4. Cheap gas. Want to know where the cheapest gas is? Download the GasBuddy app and find out.
5. GPS. No reason to buy GPS systems anymore. Most smartphones have their own GPS on them. That alone will pay for the actual cost on the phone.
What do you do with your smartphone?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.