Every time I fill up my gas tank, I feel it in my pocket book more and more. Gas is a necessity to most so we’ve got to do what we can to save money. Here are some ways to cut down on your gas bill.
1. Check for gas rewards with your local grocery stores. Places like Albertsons will give you discounts with your receipt so make sure you pay attention.
2. Make sure your car is in tuned up, air filters cleaned and the body in good shape. All of these things ensure that your car runs better allowing better gas mileage.
3. Don’t overfill your tank. Overfilling results in sloshing over and out of tank. Never fill gas tank past the first “click” of fuel nozzle if the nozzle is automatic.
4. Wait to fill up until you are almost empty. This will extend your gas because you are hauling a lighter load as the tank nears empty.
5. Take advantage of club memberships like Costco. This is what we always use. It saves us just a little to use our club card, but we always save a few bucks.
6. Limit your driving. Carpool with another mom or dad to school. Make all of your day’s trip at once. Don’t drive around a parking lot, take the first parking spot you find.
7. Fill up your car everytime. This is the one that my husband and I fight about EVERY TIME. He never likes to fill the car up, he always gets $10 here $20 there. However, the time you take to drive to the station multiple times, ends up costing you even more.
8. Avoid idling. “While idling, your car gets exactly 0 mile per gallon while starting the car uses the same amount as idling for 6 seconds. Park your car and go into the restaurant rather than idling in the drive-through.”
9. Slow down. My husband laughs at this one. He swears I was born with a lead foot. I just like to be there first. 🙂 But the faster I go, the more gas I use.
10. Bike, walk or stay home. This is the one 100% way to cut cost.
How have you cut costs on your gas bill?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.