Once upon a time, I worked a regular 9-5 job. I am currently self employed and even though I work 30-60 hours a week with my own business, I still have flexibility that my other job didn’t provide. I certainly didn’t have time to sit and coupon for an hour a day or even on Sundays so I have to improvise to help save money. Here are my best working mom tips.
1. Plan those meals! I can’t say this enough. If you’re a stay at home mom, you usually have some time during the day to cook or go to the store, etc. But when you are working all day, it’s harder to come home and throw something together at 6 o’clock while everyone else around you is grasping for your attention and food. Make a plan and include as many crockpot meals as you can.
2. Shop online. I LOVE online shopping even now, but I think this is especially great for working moms. You don’t want to spend your days off looking for good deals. Instead research it online during your breaks at work.
3. Don’t eat lunch out. Eating out everyday even for $5 will add up. That’s $25 a week and a $100 a month. You can easily drop that number by eating leftovers or just bringing your own lunch of sandwiches or anything you have in the house.
4. Coffee: Bring your own or drink theirs! Some businesses will provide some pretty awesome coffee to their employees. Take advantage of that and skip the Starbucks.
5. Carpool. If you live close to another work colleague, share a ride together. Driving half the month will definitely save you on gas.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.