Being a girl is tough. It is tiring, high maintenance, and pretty dang expensive! I recently started looking back at all of my purchases of razors, shaving cream, and the sort and I decided I have had enough. I want smooth and pretty legs, but I don’t want to buy razors every week. My other problem is super dry skin. When I am done shaving my legs definitely look like they haven’t seen moisture in ages. So, to avoid harsh chemicals and to get the smoothest shave possible, I decided to try making my own with some natural products. This is great for shaves in the fall/winter months because that’s when my skin dries out the most! Plus, it smells amazing! Who doesn’t love coconut?
What you need:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup Pure-Castile Liquid Soap (this Dr. Bronners version found HERE is my favorite!
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa or shea butter
- ¼ cup aloe gel
- 10 drops essential oil, you can choose the scent!
- Empty soap dispenser
- A small pan
- Melt the coconut oil and shea/cocoa butter in the pan over low heat.
- Place aloe vera in the blender, then add the soap and baking soda. Once the oil and butter is melted, pour it in the blender as well. Add the 10 drops of essential oil last.
- Fasten the blender lid and blend for about 2 minutes.
- Pour it into your soap dispenser and you’re ready for silky soft legs!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.