A couple of evenings ago I was eaten alive by mosquitoes. These were mosquitoes on steroids too. These were the worst bites of all time. I searched the internet for the best home remedies. In the last two days, I’ve tried almost all of them. Some worked, some did not! Here’s what I tried and if it helped. Hopefully you won’t find yourself in the situation I did, but you’ll be ready if you do!
I had all of these thing in my house, so no added expense of medicine from the drug store.
1. Calamine lotion. This may be the oldest remedy in the book, but it’s that old for a reason. I do think it helped a little but I needed to keep reapplying, so I gave up.
2. Hemorrhoid cream. It helped and it lasted longer then the calamine lotion. It has a local anesthetic in it that really helped with the burning and the itching.
3. Toothpaste. It has to be paste and not gel, but this helped with the oozing. Yes, my bites were so bad they were oozing. It really helped dry that up.
4. Ice. The numbing effect of ice will help with the itching. It will also help with the swelling that too much scratching brings.
5. Tea bags. Used bags really do help. The tannins in tea act as an astringent. It wasn’t as effective of the other methods, but I saw a difference!
What ways do you treat mosquito bites?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.