Is your monthly water bill taking a bite out of your wallet? Well, it’s summer so you aren’t alone. Most of us are trying to keep our lawns green and lush and unfortunately that takes up quite a bit of wallet. So here are some tips to help you save a few dollars in your bill.
1. Cut down on how long your showers are. You don’t need a 20 minute shower. Try a 10 minute one and save that much water. It’s a 50% decrease. It will help when you do it over and over again.
2. Put a brick in your toilet reserve. Yes, I said a brick. It takes up volume so when you flush, less water is put in there. Thus, you use less water! You really don’t need that much.
3. Make sure you aren’t over watering your plants. Really study what you have planted. Chances are, your plants don’t need as much water as you are giving them. Give them a break 🙂
4. Install low flow shower heads. Yes, they make these! They simply cut down on how much water is allowed through.
5. Don’t run water all the time. Turn it off when you are brushing your teeth or shaving. When you are washing dishes in the sink, don’t leave the water running.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.