Top Ramen is definitely the ultimate cheap food. Raise your hand if you lived on it in college! I think some bachelors still might be. I was a little shocked several years ago when my Japanese friends bought it and used to it make some amazing recipes. They didn’t use the seasoning packet which they say is disgusting, but the noodles were perfect for their dishes. There is actually quite a bit you can do with the noodles and at around $.10 a package, it’s extremely cheap.
Here are some ideas.
1. Spaghetti! Instead of using traditional noodles, use a package of ramen noodles. One package is good for 2 people and even if you need two, that’s only $.20! Add some spaghetti sauce and meat and you’re set. Very inexpensive and tasty! I love the texture of the ramen noodles in place of spaghetti.
2. Chicken noodle soup. Instead of using egg noodles or whatever you use, try the ramen noodles. Try this yummy recipe.
3. Add it to stir fry. Cook your meat and veggies as you normally would, then add slightly undercooked ramen and finish cooking in the pan. The ramen soaks up the seasonings of the stir fry and then you can skip the rice if that’s your norm.
4. Ramen noodle casserole. THIS is the only one I haven’t made, but it looks too good not to share! I am trying this one next!
5. Shepherds pie. I saved the best for last. This is truly amazing and it’s surprising how good it is! Check out the recipe HERE. This yummy concoction is a huge kid pleaser!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.