MLM stands for muti level marketing. Wikipedia has a wonderful list of MLM’s here. I am leery to post any names because a lot of people get offended when you call their business MLM and that’s not the purpose of this article. I just want to share my experiences with MLM both good and bad. There is a good bit of money that goes into any company that is a MLM company so there are some points that I think you should know.
Disagree with them? That’s totally ok. Tell us about it in the comments and maybe we can get a good conversation going about it. I do not think that MLM companies are good or bad, but I think there are pros and cons to both of them that we will talk about.
First, we’ll start with the bad news so we can end on a good note.
1. All MLM companies require some kind of “buy in”. You have to sign up and pay fees to be a distributor or get their kits or something. If you aren’t really going to get into the business and work it, it’s a waste for you. I’ve only signed up for one MLM program and my starter kit is just as full as when I signed up.
2. You may alienate people. I’ll be honest, I have a lot of friends who have MLM companies. And I seriously mean A LOT. Sometimes I feel like they only call me about their product so that makes relationships tough sometimes. I had a friend once whom I love dearly and who I hadn’t seen in forever. She finally called to go hang out. I was so excited and when I got there it was all about her MLM. I was sad. If you do get involved with a MLM, don’t just use your friends for parties and buying your product.
3. It’s more work than you think. Some go into MLM thinking it’s not a lot of work and you just have parties and have fun. It’s not, you have to put a lot of work into it for it to work.
4. You’re self-employed. Don’t forget about paying those self-employment taxes and federal fees that go with having your own business. Some would say it’s about 40% of your profit. That means you have to work even more!
Now for the good…
1. There are some really stinking cool products out there that really work. There is makeup that I adore and some cleaning products that I will go to my grave with. So it’s totally worth just going to a party for sure.
2. You get to set your own hours and how much you want to make. If you want to make a little, work a little. You want to become the CEO, you work your way up to it and do it!
3. The parties are generally fun. They are almost like a wedding or baby shower. There are games and fun and food. You get to hang out with friend and learn new things. It’s also a nice breaks for moms to get away from the family.
4. It teaches good communication skills. You can’t do these MLM without some communication skills and you are the one to teach yourself. You have to learn it or you’ll flounder. I think if you are having trouble as a communicator, you’ll learn new skills with it. You have to talk in from of people and interact constantly.
Multi level marking, what do you think about it? Love it, hate it? Give us your opinions.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.