Recently I was in my kitchen making homemade bread (which I am definitely going to post about later) and I was thinking about all of the things I’ve paid for in the past that I never should have. Yes, there are tons of things we can get for free by couponing, but in general there are a lot of things we pay for and shouldn’t.
1. Books. The library is free! And if you are within city limits, library cards are free. Most libraries can get you any book your are looking for and let’s face it, what are you going to do with the book you just read anyway? Have a Kindle of Ipad? A lot of libraries have e-books you can check out and download right from your couch.
2. Your credit report. Every year you are allowed to check your credit report for free. There are a lot of places that say it’s free, but you have to sign up for a credit monitoring service. However, THIS one is the real deal.
3. Bank fees. There is always a bank that has free checking. Go with them. Your bank probably has an option for it as well. Tell them you want it or you are taking your business elsewhere. They will waive the fee. I tried it with a large name bank, it worked.
4. Car rental insurance. Double check with your own personal policy first, but most insurance will transfer over to the rental car you are driving.
5. Pets. You can rescue an awesome animal at the shelter. Granted, it’s not “free” but it’s more affordable than “buying” a fancy breed pet. Best of all, you’ll be a hero to that pet!
What are some things you never pay for?
Spread The Word!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.