I often find myself watching YouTube videos or Netflix on my phone or Kindle, and it’s just getting a little too hectic trying to find something to stand my devices against when I’m eating, cooking, or just sitting! This easy tablet and phone stand made from a picture frame will solve these problems, and it will provide a safe place to place your devices when they need charging. It is perfect for kitchen counters, bedside tables, and anywhere that could use some de-cluttering.
For this project, these are the materials needed:
- An 8 x 10” picture frame with a sturdy stand
- Scraps of trim
- Thick cardboard (i.e. The back of a notebook)
- Hand saw
- Glue gun
- Scissors or x-acto knife
- Chalk finish paint or your choice of paint
- Cut out the piece of cardboard to fit inside the frame.
- Use the hand saw to cut two pieces of trim to fit inside the frame.
- With the scissors or the knife, cut two notches on the cardboard and frame backing on the side you want the chargers to be on.
- Paint the trim and cardboard and wait for it to dry.
- When it is all the way dry, place the cardboard piece into the frame and make sure it fits snugly.
- Place your phone and tablet in the frame to determine where to place your trim pieces. If you want the phone to be on top, make the top shelf smaller and the bottom slightly bigger to fit your tablet into.
- Use the glue gun to put your trims in place.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.