The winter months can be hard ones to get through when you have kids. Unless you plan on having snow-ball fights or will brave the cold temperatures for outside play time each day you really need other activities. I’ve found that it doesn’t take much to help bust boredom with kids indoors; it’s just a matter of creativity and novelty.
Here are just a few ideas to get you inspired!
- Bake a new recipe.
- Create homemade slime or kinetic sand. There are lots of great “recipes” you can Google or find on Pinterest. Imagine all the “cool parent points” you’ll earn if you tell them you know how to make slime!
- Find a bucket of old toys they haven’t played with in a while.
- Build a blanket fort.
- Get involved in a game of hide-and-seek. The game becomes infinitely more fun as soon as mom or dad start playing.
- Craft something new with unexpected supplies.
- Wash the dog together.
- Have a competition to see who can build the tallest Lego “building.”
- Fill up a bubble bath and give them finger paints (simply add some food coloring to bubble bath) to decorate the tub with.
- Set out blankets and pillows on the floor and watch a movie together.
- Have a board game day.
- Try some simple kid-safe yoga stretches and moves.
- Have an indoor photo shoot with stuffed animals and toys.
- Learn some phrases in a new language.
- Take turns reading new books together.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.