This is a question my husband and I are really contemplating. Our satellite cost roughly $50 a month for the service. And while it’s not a HUGE expense, being a Thrifty Divas means cutting corners in places that it makes sense, and to me it makes sense.
There are many pros to having cable or satellite.
1. When the show is on live, you can watch it.
2. You get all the local news.
3. There are quite a lot of options when it comes to what you want to watch.
The big pro is the cost when you compare cable/satellite to programs like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Blockbuster online and much more.
I’ll tell you what we are thinking and weighing out. I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments and add anything you see I am missing.
Here are some of the reasons why we are thinking of switching.
1. To save money.
2. We can still watch our favorite shows online or through Hulu, so nothing is lost there.
3. Our local news station has an online version of the news that is very up to date. They even stream breaking news online.
4. We can also watch national news and read about it as well online.
5. Our children are able to watch their favorite shows over and over again because they are all on Netflix and Hulu.
and the two cons to this all and keeps me paying this bill every month…
1. No TLC anywhere. A girl has to have her TLC right?
2. No live sports for the husband. Maybe we can get an antenna for that?
In breaking down the price, Netflix for streaming alone is $7.99 a month. Hulu is also only $7.99 a month. For us, that’s all we could need which would save us around $34 bucks a month!
What are some of your strategies for getting rid of cable? Have you made the switch?
Spread The Word!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.