The only times I had any real issue with acid reflux was during both of my pregnancies. It was so annoying that I remember being in the hospital after having each baby and realizing that I could eat and not get reflux! Nothing compared to the joy of the new baby. However, the absence of the reflux was delightful! 😉
Well, I recently seem to have developed a case of reflux again. No pregnancy. Just reflux. 🙁 I think it may be related to the fact that some of my very favorite foods/drinks, I’m learning, trigger reflux. Coffee, chocolate and tomatoes. Did I mention that Mexican food (with red sauce) and Italian food (like spaghetti sauce) are my absolute favorites?
So, I’m beginning to figure out what specifically triggers the condition for me. But, in the meanwhile, I’ve begun attempting to lessen the uncomfortable symptoms naturally.
So, I thought I’d share some of these methods with you, just in case you know someone who may sometimes have to deal with acid reflux.
- Apple cider vinegar. Add 2 teaspoons or almost 10 ml to a glass of water and drink three times per day.
- Glutamine. Add 1 tsp or almost 5 ml of this powdered amino acid with 4 ounces of water and take with each meal.
- Licorice root extract. Take 600 mg or 0.6 g of this herbal extract twice per day with meals.
- Aloe vera liquid. Take up to 4 ounces per day, preferably before eating.
- Carrot or cabbage juice. Drink one cup per day.
- Sodium bicarbonate (aka baking soda!). Add 1 tsp or almost 5 ml of baking soda in a glass of water to alleviate acid reflux symptoms. I’m sipping on my glass of baking soda water even as I write this.
What do you do to alleviate acid reflux symptoms?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.