You’ve heard the squeaky wheel gets the oil right? Well I’m convinced that the squeaky Thrifty Divas get discounts. Whether you are shopping at your favorite store or eating at your favorite restaurant, if you have a bad experience telling the right people can definitely help you save some money.
Disclaimer: This advice is mean’t for when you have a bad experience and need to know how to talk to the right people, it’s not an excuse to try and get free/discounted stuff just because. Please use this advice the right way.
First of all there is definitely and right and wrong way to complain. It’s so important that you do it the right way to get the results you want.
Here’s how we think you should “complain”.
1. Don’t yell. NEVER EVER EVER yell. It’s not only rude, but it will never get you anywhere. Ever heard that you get more flies with honey than vinegar? I can’t stress how true this is. Kill them with kindness and you’ll totally disarm any situation.
2. Speak to the decision maker. This may be a manager, supervisor or some other kind of person in charge, but it’s important you talk to who can make things happen. Complaining to the wrong person not only won’t get you anywhere, it could make things worse.
3. Explain what happened in detail. If it’s something that’s more drawn out and complicated, type it up for the right person to see. There is so much importance in details. The more detailed you can be, the more serious your complaint will be taken.
4. Tell them what you would like. A lot of places/people will flat out ask you how you’d like the situation to be resolved. Don’t just say you don’t know, tell them what you’d like done to resolve it. Be reasonable and don’t take advantage, but let your requests be known.
5. Let it be. If you get the issue resolved, let it go there. Don’t complain behind their back, instead praise their customer service for helping you get the issue resolved.
Remember that behind every complaint is a person 🙂
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.