A while back we posted a recipe for dry laundry soap. It’s really awesome and you should try it. Now I’ve made liquid concentrated laundry soap from a Facebook post I’ve seen floating around. I just made it so I haven’t had a chance to test it, but friends of mine have made it as well and say it’s awesome. It’s super easy to make and costs pennies to make since you only use a tablespoon per load.
What You Need
1 bar Fels Naptha
1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
4 cups of hot water
What To Do
You do need to follow these instructions very thoroughly to make it come out right.
1. Boil 4 cups of water in a large pan on high heat.
2. Mix the borax and washing powder together and sit aside.
3. Using a food processor or a cheese grater, grate the bar of fels naptha.
4. Put the grated soap into your large pan of boiling water and reduce heat. Let the soap melt completely. Just be careful not to boil too quickly or it will become very messy.
5. Remove from heat and add your powder mix. Stir until it’s FULLY dissolved.
6. Pour mixture into two 1 quart mason jars.
7. Add enough water to each jar to reach the top of the jar.
8. (VERY IMPORTANT STEP) Turn the jars upside down for 3-5 hours or until the parts separate.
9. Once separated poor into a blender and mix VERY well. It will resemble pudding.
10. Use 1 tablespoon per load.
It’s a lot of steps, but it’s really easy! Give it a try and let us know how it works for you!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.