I may have found the ultimate gift for a friend and homemade gift for yourself. It’s bath salts! I didn’t realize it was so easy! And better than easy, it’s cheap! You only need a few simple ingredients and you’ll skip all the junk fillers that companies put in their products and you’ll be way more for your money. Do it yourself projects like this tend to make way more than what you would buy in the store for the same cost.
What You Need
Epsom Salt (you can find this by your other bath salts in a local store)
Essential Oils (lavender is awesome for relaxing, but use your favorite scent)
Quart size plastic bag
Food coloring (totally optional and only for cosmetic use, I leave this out)
What To Do
1. Put 3 cups of epsom salt into your plastic bag.
2. Add 5-10 drops of essential oil. Make sure you add it one drop at a time and shake well so you don’t melt the salt. Add drops until you’ve achieved the scent you want.
3. If you do decide to color your salt, do the same as the essential oil. One drop at a time.
4. Spread out on wax paper and let dry for 1-2 hours.
5. When dry, mix in 1/2 cup of baking soda into the mixture, pour into your storage container.
I think I’ll go take a bath now 😉
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.