Summer is pretty much over, but I love smoothies anytime of year! However, today I spent almost five dollars on a 16 ounce smoothie, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me! This inspired me to turn to making my own to not only save some money, but also be able to choose and combine ingredients as I please. This is a great breakfast smoothie but you can drink it anytime of day – especially if you are NOT a morning person like me. What I love about this one, though, is it is super easy to make and not time consuming at all, so I don’t have to lose sleep to enjoy it!
- 1 cup strawberries (I prefer them fresh, but frozen also works)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup apple juice
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chia seeds (they’re packed pull of nutrition, and you won’t notice them since you already have berry seeds inside the smoothie!)
- If you’re using frozen berries, let them thaw a little before blending.
- Put the berries, banana, chia seeds and juice in the blender and blend on high until smooth. If you’d like to make it less tart, I tried adding a little water or milk.
- If you have leftover berries or chia seeds, add them to the top of the smoothie once you’ve poured it into a glass.
- Place leftovers in the fridge for later enjoyment!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.