Tax season is here. Duh duh duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
This can definitely be a stressful time for many and the cost of tax preparation can be taxing (ha, pun intended). But did you know there are a lot of free and discounted services out there? There are even volunteers of the IRS out there to help you! If your taxes are pretty simple, there is no reason to pay to do them. Here are some free and discounted services.
1. VITA. We live in a pretty small town and there were two locations here so I am sure most of you will be able to find one near you. You have to make less than $51,000 a year, but if you do they will be able to help you. Find your nearest location HERE.
2. TCE. This is tax counseling for the elderly or anyone 60-years-old and up. Click HERE for more information and to apply.
3. Most major known companies. H&R Block and Turbo Tax both offer free federal returns, but they do have to be the basic returns. Anything above that and you’ll have to pay and sometimes a lot. Our tax bill with Turbo Tax would have been $111!
4. Taxslayer. These guys will do free state and federal filing for military.
5. TaxAct. If you can file your returns electronically, you won’t have to pay for this service. Even if you need to pay, it’s less than $20 even for the deluxe version. Click HERE for more info.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.