Ditch the Landline?
I’ll start off by saying that we haven’t had a landline in about 10 years. So I am here to convince you, you probably don’t need yours either. Getting rid of your landline can easily save you $30-$100 a month. If you still aren’t convinced it’s for you, here are 5 reasons to ditch your home phone.
1. We’ve all got cell phones. I actually can’t tell you the last time I met someone who didn’t have a cell phone. Why double up on communication if you already have a cell phone.
2. You’re almost always available on your cell phone. You don’t ever have to miss a call when you have a cell phone only. If you miss it, it’s by your choice and not because you aren’t home.
3. No reconnecting if you move. When you move houses you usually have to pay reconnection fees for your new residence. Cell phones don’t have that!
4. No telemarketers! Federal law prohibits most telemarketers from calling your cell phone.
5. No long distance charges. All numbers within the continental U.S. are created equal.
Don’t get me wrong, there are some reasons to keep your landland like if you fax a lot or if you have a babysitter that doesn’t have a cell phone or for emergencies. However for our family cell phones were the obvious choice.
Are you still holding on to your landline? Why?
spread the word!