Did I mention that this is a delicious cake recipe? I know people who assume that if a recipe is delicious, it cannot be healthy; and, if it is healthy, it surely can’t be delicious! It’s just not true. My husband and I LOVE carrot cake. And, since we have been working on cutting out gluten where we can, I have wanted to find a good recipe for carrot cake I can feel good about my family eating. I think I just hit the jackpot!
I tried the recipe for Father’s Day and my husband and the children devoured it. Yes, I did have some too! But, I felt like it could be improved a bit. So, I made some slight adjustments and made it again this week. I can now say that I, too, love it! If you get as much of a kick making healthy food as healthy and as yummy as possible, you will love this recipe. Give it a try!
Paleo Carrot Cake w/ Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- For the Cake:
- ½ c Coconut Flour
- ½ c Almond Meal
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ c honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ c Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 4 Large Carrots, grated
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ c Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Note: I used this recipe to make two 8-inch cakes so that I could layer it, as seen in the photo above. Double the recipe for additional layers.
- Whisk all of your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (except the cream cheese, extra syrup, and coconut milk for the frosting) and beat on low with an electric mixer until everything is well combined.
- Pour into a greased and parchment-lines baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost with the Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To make the frosting, bring the cream cheese to room temperature and beat well with the maple syrup and coconut milk.
What’s your favorite healthy indulgence?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.