I think there are two main reasons people go out to eat. One because they don’t feel like cooking, the other is because the food is just better than what you can cook. I LOVE Chili’s. I love most all of their food and their chicken strips are especially awesome. They aren’t healthy by far, but they are amazing. I’ve searched high and low for a copycat recipes since we don’t have a Chili’s anywhere near us. After a few recipes, I FOUND it!
I would venture to say this is probably the exact recipe they use. It’s incredible. Couple it with this copycat honey mustard recipe and you’ve got a Chili’s night at your home for a fraction of the cost of eating out.
What You Need
4-5 Chicken breasts cut into strips
Self rising flour
3/4 cup Chicken broth
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 corn starch
All purpose flour
Oil for deep frying
What Do To
1. Preheat oil in a fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Beat egg with milk, chicken broth and salt.
3. Add corn starch and self rising flour and mix well.
4. Put enough all purpose flour in a bowl to be able to coat chicken strips.
5. Coat strips in flour and then put into batter.
6. Gently place chicken into frier one piece at a time.
7. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towels.
Serve with the best honey mustard EVER. It’s just like what they serve at the restaurant!
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.