I have heard it over and over that if you are trying to save money, get out of debt or just cut your monthly budget down then you should axe the smartphone. But does it really save you money or could you use it to save even more? I think you can keep the smartphone and get rid of some other things. It has so many uses it may save you what it costs you. Here are some creative ways you can use your smartphone and still be frugal.
1. Get rid of your home internet and just use your smartphone. Unless you have a job or some other reason that you need a home computer, many people find they can get rid of their full internet and just use their phones. There are even ways to use your phone with your computer to tether internet, but you’ll have to talk to your service provider about that. Getting rid of your home internet could save you around $50-$75 a month!
2. Use it to price compare. There are tons of applications for price comparing for when you are shopping. Amazon even has one. You’ll be able to scan what you want to buy and it will tell you the cheapest place for you to buy it. I love this! You can save every time you shop!
3. Use it to photograph your life. Last week we talked about whether one should buy a DSLR or just use their iPhone. From my experience for point and shoot action, the iPhone wins almost every time. So you can save hundreds of dollars just by not buying that expensive DSLR.
4. Skip the GPS. With most smartphones, you won’t need to buy a GPS. Your phone probably has one in it, so you can save that money you would spend on that.
5. Use them as MP3 players. Here’s another thing you won’t have to buy because your smartphone most likely will be able to play music on it.
What are some other ways your smartphone actually saves you money?
Spread The Word!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.