“Bunny Butt” cupcakes are my favorite cupcakes of all time. They’ve become an Easter tradition for the past couple years, and one that I’m not likely to stop anytime soon. They’re actually super easy to make, and they’re lots more fun when the whole family gets involved in the decorating!
12 Chocolate Cupcakes
12 Donut Holes
About 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies
12 mini marshmallows
1 cup vanilla frosting (store-bought or homemade)
1 cup chocolate frosting (store-bought or homemade)
1 ½ cups coconut flakes
1 package white chocolate candy melts
Pink candy melts or pink gel coloring
1. Cut a small portion off of the donut holes so that when placed on the cupcake as the bunny’s body, it will not roll off.
2. Frost the top of the cupcake with chocolate frosting. Then dip into the crushed Oreo cookies for the “dirt.”
3. Place a handful of white candy melts in a bowl and then microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until melted. Scoop the melted candy melts into a Ziploc bag and snip off a small corner so that you can use it to pipe little ovals for the bunny feet onto parchment paper. Create 2 bunny feet per cupcake.
3. After the feet have cooled and hardened, follow the same steps above to melt the pink candy melts and then pipe toes and the pads of the feet.
4. Coat the donut holes in vanilla frosting, and then roll in coconut flakes.
5. Gently press the donut hole (flat side down) onto the cupcake. (I like to clear away some of the crushed Oreo where I want the bunny body to be so that it sticks better.)
6. Cover each marshmallow completely with frosting and then roll into the coconut.Clear away some of the coconut from the bunny body and add a little more frosting or white candy melt if necessary to get the marshmallow tail to stick.
7. Last but not leaset, use the frosting or candy melts to adhere the feet with the toes facing downward on the cupcake, resting against the bunny body.
There you go! Super simple and super adorable “Bunny Butt” cupcakes, just in time for Easter!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.