Haste makes waste. I think this applies to anything that you have a deadline with and you end up rushing to get it done. You tend to not get the best deals and waste that money. And believe it or not, school is just around the corner. Now is the best time to start shopping for back to school clothes and here are our best tips to saving money now!
1. Buy summer clearance items now. Summer clothes are already on clearance at places like Target. At the end of next summer and even the beginning of this school year, your child will need new clothes for the warmer weather. For next year just buy 1 size bigger and you should be good to go. The closer we get to fall, the cheaper those clothes will be.
2. Remember that thrift stores ROCK. Seriously if you’ve never tried shopping in a thrift store, please do. You can find amazing deals on children’s clothes and a lot of times you can find brand new clothes. Don’t let any stigma you may think exists about thrift stores and just go try it and save some money. And here’s a tip: if you can find a thrift store in a more affluent area, you can find some awesome name brand deals!
3. Clothing swap! We have a local mom’s group that does this. Everyone brings a certain amount of clothing and if you bring 20 items of clothes, you can switch it out. If you have a large group of people to do that with, you can really score some great clothes and for free!
4. Craigslist! A lot of times people will sell a “lot” of children’s clothes for cheap. You may get some awesome stuff with some not so awesome stuff or just a bag of awesomeness. Regardless you should be able to find some great new to you clothes.
5. Shop on tax free days. HERE is a list for this year’s tax free dates for many states that are participating. Many state and local governments offer special tax-free shopping periods with the back-to-school shopper in mind.
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.