We are flying tomorrow with a family of 5. First of all, the tickets weren’t too cheap so I will be looking for other ways to save money while we are there. As we all know most everything at the airport is expensive so finding ways to save money is important. Here are some great tips for saving at the airport.
1. Bring a water bottle to fill. You can’t take liquids through security, but you can bring an empty bottle or two to fill up after security. We have our kids’ water bottles packed and ready to go!
2. Bring your own snacks. The markup on snacks in the airport is ridiculous which is why we have a snack carry on.
3. Don’t shop! There are much less expensive places to find souvenirs. Even most Wal-Marts have a souvenir section. Hit something like that for those must haves. It’s best you avoid the high price items by shopping elsewhere.
4. Don’t park there. If you can avoid long term parking, do! There are usually park and ride places around the airport for far less.
5. Skip the meals. If you can avoid eating a large meal at the airport, you’ll save some money. Airport restaurants are high priced and are generally not great food. Even some chain restaurants that are in airports will raise their pricing. Eat the snacks you brought and you should be good!
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.