Lately I’ve been waking up earlier in the mornings, but I haven’t been getting to bed earlier to compensate. With how busy my schedule has gotten I’ve found it hard to get enough sleep, and I’m constantly searching for quick ways to have more energy in the mornings. Unfortunately for me, I can’t drink coffee. For some reason it messes with my head and gives me the worst headaches, and I often feel much more shaky and jittery than energized. So I went looking for other easy drink/food energy sources that I could incorporate into my breakfasts to give me the boost I need to get through the day.
1. Chia Seeds. These little seeds are magic. They are packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats that are combined in the perfect ratio that keeps your blood sugar levels steady and prevents spikes. These little guys are a great source of energy, and they’re so versatile! Add them on your oatmeal, blend them to your smoothie, or sprinkle them on your yogurt!
2. Eggs. Hard boil one or two of these for a quick and easy breakfast that will give you the energy you need from their B vitamins.
3. Green Tea. This one’s an easy one as Green Tea is known for it’s caffeine content. Add a cup of Green Tea to your usual breakfast and notice the difference!
4. Oats. Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods, and it should be one of yours, too! Just like eggs, oats have the energizing vitamin B. It also have a low glycemic index which means that it will release energy slowly throughout the day unlike sugary foods that will give you a quick burst of energy and then cause you to crash.
5. Apples. Have you heard that apples contain more energy than a cup of coffee? Of course the validity of that statement depends on how you look at energy, but it’s certainly got truth to it. While Coffee supplies you with energy through it’s caffeine apples energize you with their nutrients like vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants!
What do you eat in the morning to help you have the energy you need all day?
Spread The Word!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.